I’d like to share some sites with programming challenges, also known as programming puzzles. I find them very useful to learn a new language, much more than reading a lot of books. Actually, I usually read one book for beginners of the language and after that I go to one of the following sites and start to code. My favourite is /r/dailyprogrammer.
- /r/DailyProgrammer. Subreddit with three challenges every week or so (easy, intermediate and hard).
- Project Euler. Math problems, created to be solved with a program.
- Code Forces. More problems!
- Code Golf. Part of the Stack Exchange platform. Very focus on the number of lines, but that makes it more fun.
- Coding Bat. Most of the problems here are easy, and some of them include the solutions.
- /r/ProgrammingChallenges. Another subreddit, less organized.
- Extra: a post with more links to challenges.